Jump to content

No downloads for episodes 3/4


Recommended Posts

I see links for episodes three and four under episodes. They have descriptions but no downloads. I purchased the season pass last year during the Kickstarter and it was mentioned the episodes would come out this month. Are other people seeing files for these episodes?

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Indeed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, sadly not. I have to say I’ve been a little disappointed by the season pass. I purchased it a couple of months back expecting regular releases but since buying it nothing has come out. Episode 4 was released in error and then quickly removed but still no sign of episode three.

As I understand it episode three was played at shows but then pulled and a new episode three was released. But season pass holders will only get the new version and that won’t be until the end of September? Which is almost two months since ep 2. My game group have now played 1 & 2 and are desperately waiting on the later episodes

Edited by Caldeth
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks! I was trying to figure out if it was something on my end. I got pretty excited since the first two episodes were released April 1st, and even with character creation and relatively short sessions, my group finished those at the beginning of May. I expect there to be some time in between releases of episodes to give people time to report and have those reports read, so it makes sense that there's a gap between episodes. Hopefully it will be much shorter now that the core rulebook has been finalized!

  • Indeed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank Caldeth ... I too have the Season Pass and like you, I quite disappointed atm.

I just sent a message off to one of the mod's in the hope of getting a reply but it seems and non-mod (you) just answered my question.

I don't see any reason that for those of us with Season Passes that we can't get the ones released at the shows, with the written caveat that these may change for the official season live-plays so use them with caution.

He's hoping they keep up their end of the bargain (1 a month) or they start putting them out quicker as, at this rate, we won't see 12 episodes before our Season Passes run out.

  • Indeed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Living Season eps 3 & 4 will be released to everyone after they debut at GenCon. I mean, think about it -- would you release the answers to a test before the test is sat? Same deal with living eps, where the rewards gained at the end of the ep and the knock on effect on the overall story of the season are affected by what happens in the session. Having a copy of the episode ahead of time gives way too much incentive to cheat.

Please also bear in mind there's a pandemic on. It's knocked everyone's time table off kilter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 1001100x02 said:

The Living Season eps 3 & 4 will be released to everyone after they debut at GenCon. I mean, think about it -- would you release the answers to a test before the test is sat? Same deal with living eps, where the rewards gained at the end of the ep and the knock on effect on the overall story of the season are affected by what happens in the session. Having a copy of the episode ahead of time gives way too much incentive to cheat.

Please also bear in mind there's a pandemic on. It's knocked everyone's time table off kilter.

I totally appreciate that, but as mentioned it would be nice if we got to see the pulled adventure. And a rough timeline on when releases are due.  People have been commenting on the forums for quite a while about episode three, so the spoilers are already out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sazeral. When should I expect them to be available on the website? The four side missions are up now and I'm able to download those at least. If they're available for others, how do I go about getting in touch with support? Also, since there's a 6 week time window in which people are expected to run them, can there please be some kind of announcement when new episodes are available? I just stumbled across the side missions today.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 8:15 PM, Sazeral said:

We just released episodes 3 and 4, we hope to get them out on a more regular basis now that we have the core rulebook done.

What's the deadline for completing these as part of the Living Series? I see Ep 1 just went up yesterday, which is disappointing as I didn't see any announcement about a deadline for Ep 1 which our group only just played today 😞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Duke Flipside said:

What's the deadline for completing these as part of the Living Series? I see Ep 1 just went up yesterday, which is disappointing as I didn't see any announcement about a deadline for Ep 1 which our group only just played today 😞

I have also wondered this! What I would like to see when new episodes are released, ideally, would be a forum post outlining:

  • What episode(s) have been released in this announcement
  • A link to the file (it took me another week after Sazeral's comment to find the files because they aren't in the same places as the first two, which aren't in the same places as the four side missions, which again aren't in the same place as episodes 3 and 4).
  • The date by which mission reports should be filed to be considered for the living series
  • If there is a rough idea of when the next episode(s) will be released, what is that time frame (as vague as necessary, but as specific as possible).

I didn't even know there were side missions released until I saw another forum post talking about them. Without Sazeral's comment, I wouldn't have known that episodes 3 and 4 were made available yet.

  • Indeed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a follow up question. I backed this on Kickstarter, at the SG-2 level, which, according to the Kickstarter, assuming I am reading it all correctly, SG-2 and up backers get the first 5 of the living campaign adventures. I see the release schedule, but right now, only episode 1 is available to download for me without purchasing. So, when will the other episodes become available?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MaxVonPuppet said:

I have a follow up question. I backed this on Kickstarter, at the SG-2 level, which, according to the Kickstarter, assuming I am reading it all correctly, SG-2 and up backers get the first 5 of the living campaign adventures. I see the release schedule, but right now, only episode 1 is available to download for me without purchasing. So, when will the other episodes become available?

Thanks!

if a dont remember bad, the SG2 is the book and the pdf version. with the episode 1 for all yhe backers in the kickstarter.

The season pass is for all the pass. I dont remember any option for only five episodes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MaxVonPuppet said:

I have a follow up question. I backed this on Kickstarter, at the SG-2 level, which, according to the Kickstarter, assuming I am reading it all correctly, SG-2 and up backers get the first 5 of the living campaign adventures. I see the release schedule, but right now, only episode 1 is available to download for me without purchasing. So, when will the other episodes become available?

Thanks!

We gave Episode 1 to all backers of Recruit or higher... As part of stretch goal unlocks, 4 side missions were unlocked, which should also be available in your account. If not, please submit a support ticket.

The rest of the Episodes in the Living Series are available for purchase one by one or via the Season Pass.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 5:47 AM, Sazeral said:

We gave Episode 1 to all backers of Recruit or higher... As part of stretch goal unlocks, 4 side missions were unlocked, which should also be available in your account. If not, please submit a support ticket.

The rest of the Episodes in the Living Series are available for purchase one by one or via the Season Pass.

Thanks

Okay, then I just misunderstood. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...