aaron2310

Stargate Universe Celebrated It's 10th Anniversary Yesterday!

I always enjoyed Universe and found it only got better and better. Time is one of my all time favorite episodes of Stargate over all and there's been so many smaller moments and episodes within Universe that I think are franchise highlights. 

Yeah, i came to like it too. Much more serious series which would have done well in the age of streaming. Perhaps they should have rested the franchise for a couple years back then.

Maybe it was before it's time, or too late -- it had the potential that has been realised by an arc series like Star Trek: Discovery where the investment is rewarded by watching everything one after the other, but the episodes can more or less be enjoyed as standalone. There was something about that emphasis that made it different to the other Stargate iterations.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:41 AM, Mal said:

Yeah, i came to like it too. Much more serious series which would have done well in the age of streaming. Perhaps they should have rested the franchise for a couple years back then.

SGU came a few years after they'd sent SG1 out to pasture and Atlantis to the knacker's yard so it's not like they rushed into it. It was just a sad and all too familiar case of an SF series being early for the zeitgeist

Universe was one of the best scifi/drama series. I have a theory that Rush was an ancient and that the destiny was his ship and he was responsible for all the time travel events that happened in the show.

Over 10 years later and they still haven't crossed the void. 

On another note:  I hated the first season up to the point of Incursion when the show finally clicked for me.  Season 2 was superior as the show both found it's footing and got past the whole "WE'RE GONNA DIE!!! DRAMA!!!!" that happened every week in the first season.