Arcameides

Pregen Characters

Pregen Sneak Preview.... (This poll end on 10/04/2019 1700 hours CST)  

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which of the following pregen characters would you like a preview of?

• Jaffa - Soldier
    • Tok'ra - Diplomat
    • Aturen - Medic
    • Unas - Scout

3 hours ago, crzyjava said:

Tok'ra as diplomat? They feel more like undercover CIA operatives or spys to me.

I mean, it's a pregen not a character class requirement. The nice thing about 5e D&D is that you can indulge in this strange combinations. For the pregens, you just want a compelling mix of options.

I think I'm more interested in the Aturen as I don't recognize the race from the show so I assume it's something new! 😄 

Voted for Jaffa Soldier.  We see more Jaffa than to the other choices across the series, so I think this pregen preview would be the best one to see first.  It best serves as a gage of the power levels and mechanics to expect from the game since it is the type of character fans of the series are most familiar with both as potential PCs and likely opponents.  That, and  the Jaffa are just cool.  Indeed.

4 hours ago, Lysle said:

Voted for Jaffa Soldier.  We see more Jaffa than to the other choices across the series, so I think this pregen preview would be the best one to see first.  It best serves as a gage of the power levels and mechanics to expect from the game since it is the type of character fans of the series are most familiar with both as potential PCs and likely opponents.  That, and  the Jaffa are just cool.  Indeed.

Agreed, Jaffa soldier is a must have. 

Mightbalso be good to give us stats for some actual characters from the show. It doesn't have to be perfect, just something to give us ideas when making characters.

The scatter shot should be bird or buckshot. 1d4 seems find for bird, but buckshot should be a d6 and would have a tighter but longer come.

Shotgun can also fire weird exotic ammo, which isn't much use IRL, but can be fun in a game - flare rounds for signalling, breeching rounds for dynamic entry etc etc.

Lore-wise, I'm really happy to see the Nox getting some extra attention, even if it just second hand influence. I really like that! 

Here's one thing I think we all would want: Furlings... am I right? 😉 Come to think of it, that gives me a cool campaign idea anyway... scuttles away to start writing...

• Like 1

Some interesting parts in which one can become a Tok'ra/Goa'uld , Jaffa (More permanent transition), will we even think about Replicator issues for enemies or PC?