Backer Unable to Download without Paying?

HellYeahGaming

I also backed this project and it wants me to pay another $10 to download it.  My profile here is using the same email as I did for kickstarter.

Also worried because I also ordered the dice an I want to make sure that I actually them since I can't get the pdf book

Edited by Nex1011

Same here - I bought the physical book which was supposed to include access to the PDF. I put an email into Backerkit, and they wrote me back saying they're trying to get my query to the right person. Hoping there's a resolution soon. 

At this point I’ve made this forum thread, sent an email, sent a Twitter thread, and have been keeping tabs on the Kickstarter update which has many people also commenting about this problem. It’s been around 24 hours without any form of communication, not even an acknowledgment that this problem even exists. I’ve got to be frank at this point, communication from this team has always been really shitty. I don’t mind that the project has been delayed months and months (things happen, you’ve gotta work through unforeseen details, etc.), but they kept telling us “it should be ready this month” then wouldn’t update us until halfway through the next month. Or most recently when they promised the book would be ready “in the next week” and it was nearly 3 weeks before anything happened, with no additional communication to let us know what was going on. 

I’ve been excited and looking forward to this game for a long time now. I really don’t want to come off as ungrateful or petulant, but this team has not been very organized from a customer service perspective, and this complete lack of addressing this issue, even acknowledging this issue, is extremely poor management. WILL SOME MEMBER OF THE STAFF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE JUST TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON?!

It seems that early this morning they finally posted an announcement concerning this problem via the Kickstarter, but there was no email pushed out, so the only way I could ever find it was by manually checking the latest updates on that page. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyvrengaming/stargate-roleplaying-game/posts/3251619

Basically if you’re signed in and you’re still unable to download, they are saying they never received your username or email as part of the pledge process… which I know is flat out wrong in my case, but that’s neither here nor there. This whole delivery mechanism for getting the product to people is poorly conceived. ANYWAY they require that we send an email with our Kickstarter email address, and the email address we used to register to this site, to gamemaster@stargatetherpg.com which I already did around 24 hours ago so I’ll update you all as soon as I hear anything back. 

the fact that there wasn’t an email notification pushed out, nor an announcement made on this forum, is pretty unfortunate. But at least I could find SOME kind of information to pass along to everyone else. 

And now 3 in a row for a perfect hat trick! 

I received an email back minutes after that last post updating everyone as to the current status of things. I finally was able to get in to download my own copy of the book successfully (huzzah!) but I had to create an entirely new account on this site with a different email address to do it. 

it may take some time, but emailing them should get the issue resolved for you. With that I bow out, friends. See you among the stars.