Whither Goest the Phoenix?

As of March 17, 2022, Amazon owns Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer (MGM), which owns (and licenses) all things Stargate.

News Article on GateWorld

Since then, there has been a noticeable - some might say precipitous - drop in activity on this website, as well as the lack of Season 2 episodes of Stargate: Phoenix.

Are there legalities involved?  Are people holding their collective breaths while waiting for news of a revival?  Or is everybody dreading a reboot?

I just stumbled upon this website, and Wyvern in general, late last year.  I would hate to think that I have arrived at the station long after the train has left on another track.

Would someone please provide an update?

Thank you.

Edited by Illuminatus_Prime

I'm not officially part of Wyvern, but from what I understand, everything was effectively put on hold when Amazon bought MGM. So unless something changes with that behind the scenes, it looks like the game has been left to wither on the vine by Amazon. Which is a darn shame since this was a great project and a pleasure to watch progress and get released.

Lots of us would love to see more product, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. If you aren't on the Discord, try that as people still post game and RPG info there.

It's impossible to be certain without someone from Wyvern actually saying/posting anything, but the suggestion is that the company is down to being a single person who can't run it on their own. The flame of the Phoenix has gone out, and no-one knows if it will be reborn.

The Discord link seems to be expired on the website, I found another link in the forums, but it seems to be a basic unused setup. Is there an active one going on tat I missed? In any case I do hope that one Amazon makes its decision for SG that this project will have some kind of answer that we will be made aware of.