Can't read on Kindle fire

SG1fanatic9

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to look that up out of curiosity. I only found some tutorial explaining that some third party software might be able to read DRM protected pdfs on a Kindle Fire, but the Kindle itself does not. This seems to be a restriction of the Kindle Fire, not of the pdf. If this is true, support won't be able to help you, because there's nothing they can do (except maybe release the books on amazon kindle one day, but that's not a support decision since this requires contracts with amazon etc.).

I myself read it on a Fire 10 which works just fine. I'm sorry that I cannot give you any other advise but to try it on any other device/pc/notebook/tablet capable of opening drm protected pdf files.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:46 PM, Hobbster said:

Tried to look that up out of curiosity. I only found some tutorial explaining that some third party software might be able to read DRM protected pdfs on a Kindle Fire, but the Kindle itself does not. This seems to be a restriction of the Kindle Fire, not of the pdf. If this is true, support won't be able to help you, because there's nothing they can do (except maybe release the books on amazon kindle one day, but that's not a support decision since this requires contracts with amazon etc.).

I myself read it on a Fire 10 which works just fine. I'm sorry that I cannot give you any other advise but to try it on any other device/pc/notebook/tablet capable of opening drm protected pdf files.

Are you reading it through the Kindle app on the Fire 10 or a .pdf viewer? I get the same error when reading on the Kindle app, but I sideloaded acrobat and can read it using that.

5 hours ago, Deadroach said:

Are you reading it through the Kindle app on the Fire 10 or a .pdf viewer? I get the same error when reading on the Kindle app, but I sideloaded acrobat and can read it using that.

Acrobat or Librera Pro, I have unleashed the tablet 😉