Ancients as a playable race

ElfQueen

Depends on what you mean by 'ancient' and 'ori'. If you are referring to the current ascended being status, there is no way a player character could portray beings of such power.
If you mean Alterans and Lanteans in their human form, they are really just very much like humans with highly advanced mental abilities. It also appears they can heal others at will. Here's a rough idea of what I was thinking:

Alteran/Ancient Traits

Hit Points: You gain +10 additional HP.

Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence or Wisdom score increases by 2.

Lantean Genetics⁠: You have proficiency with skill checks on Ancient, Ori, or Atlantean technology. Your genetic profile allows you to activate this technology, even if you are unfamiliar with what it does.

Enhanced Healing: Once per long rest, creature you touch regains hit points equal to 1d6 + your intelligence modifier. This has no effect on constructs. 

Edited by Riptide
  • Like 1

That was basically what I was thinking of with the added of if you fail three death saving throws you have the option of ascending instead of flat dying and writing down as much as we know about the Ori religion and beliefs should the player choose to follow 

• 1 year later...

Dr. Daniel Jackson/Merlin had the power of the Telekinesis spell throwing the Origin soldiers around left and right. It just occured to me that might have been a Prior power. But I submit that due to all the Merlin myths, Merlin/Daniel could have done this too.

Edited by GIGAMAGE