Tollan Engineer Rule Questions

Orin of Tollan

Hey 🙂 

I'm building a tollan engineer right now and have problems understanding a few rules. Maybe someone could help me with that 😄

1.) The phase device , as far as I see, doesn't specify an action right ? Does that mean it's an object interaction to use it and not a full action ?

2.) On page 61 under "Tech level" there is a DC given to modify and REPAIR objects of each tech level: 5*(TL+1), for example 30 for TL 5 items... but then under "repairing mechanical items" it says the DC to repair items is 10+TL, which would be DC 15 to repair TL 5 items like a DHD (which is the example given under the later section). Which is it ? Or am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance ! 😄

I’m still prepping to GM my first game but from reading the rules these are my thoughts. Would love to hear from anybody that can confirm either way though. 

1) From reading the description in the book I would agree that activating the Phasing device is a object interaction rather than a action. 

2) I would say that the DC’s listed on page 61 are correct. I can’t actually find the part in the book that you referenced for “repairing mechanical items” but in the section for R&D the DC’s for modifying tech lvl 5 are 25 for each time increment, so 15 to repair seems extremely low.

Edited by Caldeth

14 hours ago, Caldeth said:

I’m still prepping to GM my first game but from reading the rules these are my thoughts. Would love to hear from anybody that can confirm either way though. 

1) From reading the description in the book I would agree that activating the Phasing device is a object interaction rather than a action. 

2) I would say that the DC’s listed on page 61 are correct. I can’t actually find the part in the book that you referenced for “repairing mechanical items” but in the section for R&D the DC’s for modifying tech lvl 5 are 25 for each time increment, so 15 to repair seems extremely low.

“repairing mechanical items” was added in the newest version of the book