My stargate campaign

Hellfist

I first had to do a bit of a random gate address thing so it will be P + 1d10 (if 10 rolled then a letter) second will be a letter (if the second is letter then roll as if rolling for a number) a-z for letters (skip letter P) roll 2d12 (with 2 being A and 24 being Z) Then roll 3 d10 decided which is in the hundreds the ten and the ones place. If 0 i rolled in the ones place roll again and add another d10 roll for a fourth number. I will check the random number vs the ones listed so i don't double those from the shows, just in case. 

Now this is my idea so far

the situation will be survive and find the weakness of the creature or escape if can, also could just wait out for rescue. 
The planet was once to a pre industrial civilization that were suddenly wiped out by something. From what can be found there are no remains of any of the former people. Other than some Graves but those died of causes that were easily determined. There are no records of what the cause was. The people look to be of very early Germania decent but the language drift is so far from that of the earth version that it is extremely hard to translate. 
It did look as if they were on the verge of an industrial age when what ever happened. As most the city structures are overgrown and reclaimed by nature. One particular writing talks about something known as the new dawn. When the word emerges from a long darkness to be reborn. 
So this is what I got so far, the creatures are a vegepygmy medium size and have a spider web like fungus like slime mold. They infect with a touch or spray a toxic cloud, the infection can be slowed down with exposure to direct sunlight but to completely cure the person has to be exposed to large doses of ultraviolet light, which kills it. 

Going to have a the cultural base on Anglo-Saxon and German with a creature they called a Grendel that brought a large group of them here and ruled them using them as slaves. The creature had a mate that never returned and was forced to stay here and wait for his return. The creature was large and very beast like and over the years it would eat some of the human slaves there were a few others of its kind. Some Humans were elevated to godhood it was considered an honor to do so, a great sky chariot arrived and some left, until the darkness came and the unending night of the beast.    

I have made the furlings an interdimensional race, that tried to establish an outpost in the Milky Way galaxy in this universe. But due to the issues they ran into with many of the hostile creature races decided to return either all or in part to their own dimensional plane. Possibly also that the colony they tried to establish could even be a faction of them that wanted to break from the others and return to a more simple life free from the trappings of their technology. This might be why we only saw the one instance of them as with the nox they wanted to just live in peace but failed. As they may have been passive and too kind and the Goa’uld took advantage of this to try and learn about them and their tech. In this case, they may have taken their own lives to prevent this from happening or maybe they were not able to be a host. And in this case, they would have been an issue and the Goa’uld would seek to wipe them out. By the way this is what i am using in my stargate 5e game i am going to run. 

thinking I will use some of the more gritty option in this with requiring a healer kit to regain hit points, and critical hits can only be healed with surgery and a week (long rest). Body armor and such can absorb most the critical damage, letting it be healed with a short rest (with medkit) not just a long rest. Cover also can off set this as well, and can block a number of criticals equal to the defence bonus it gives to the player, much like armor does. To find this you take 10 from whatever the armor class the armor gives and that is the number of them it will block. Now when it does this it lowers the defence bonus by one each time it takes a critical, and unless repaired it will be useless, i am still reading the book so this may change if they have something in it to cover this.   

• 2 weeks later...

first session went well everyone survived one person got transformed into a firling and the device got destroyed by a Goa'uld when they tried to obtain the technology as the players were heading to obtain the down UAV. They were able to drug one of the feral firlings and bring it back for some medical tests, They did pretty well on the first trip and was the first time i ran this game setting and used the book. 

That's awesome, Hellfist!  I've mostly been hearing experiences with the Living Campaign "episodes,"  They're a lot of fun and Lee Alley's doing a great job as showrunner, but homebrews are key to a system's success too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second mission I am calling "waking the god of night" This is part of a ruined temple my team are going to explore this game session, based on the Aztec gods. They will release a system lord thought to be dead upon the world and in this create an arch-villain for themselves. Going to use yuan-ti as the main army for the lord which is Tezcatlipoca, a much more evil version of his brother Quetzalcoatl. Who imprisoned him and never released him due to he was killed by another system lord himself. His location was only known to his brother Quetzalcoatl, and the location was recently discovered. The team will have no idea what they are about to wake up.

289333920_588976722658376_4760202090637539080_n.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!  What tool do you use for your maps?  I haven't done any area maps yet, just some train cars for a side mission I've been working on, and for that I used Libre Office Draw (like MS Visio, but free).  Lee uses DungeonDraft for the Living Campaign maps.  If there is such a thing, I'd like to have a tool that would work for both vehicle design and maps, but failing that I'd like to try to find the simplest tool for each.   I'm by no means a graphic artist, so simple is good.  🙂 

• 4 weeks later...