New here - Looking for Group

Schubudha

Hello folks, I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected with COVID running amuck.  I have been gaming for over 30 years.  I have played a wide variety of games, and even been the Game Master of a few.  I am in New York, about halfway between Albany and NYC.  COVID has made a haims of my ability to game.  I recently got the full series of Stargate  and have been re-watching the episodes with my wife.  I have a question to those of you better informed than I, was there an in-story reason why they stopped getting frost on them after rematerializing.  I think it stopped after Children of the gods.  Thank you.  I am looking forward to seeing this game in print.

I see your point, I was pretty sure I heard that in the series but I am more than than likely wrong., sorry for that. Also didn't they come out frosty because of the trip itself with every atom in your body being taken apart and put back together again (I am pretty sure Samantha Carter said that in early Season 1 but I might be wrong again planning on another bing of Stargate to strighting my facts out).

On 11/24/2020 at 12:26 AM, NightWatcher said:

I see your point, I was pretty sure I heard that in the series but I am more than than likely wrong., sorry for that. Also didn't they come out frosty because of the trip itself with every atom in your body being taken apart and put back together again (I am pretty sure Samantha Carter said that in early Season 1 but I might be wrong again planning on another bing of Stargate to strighting my facts out).

That should make one hotter, not colder.

But yes, Carter does mention being torn apart and transmitted. Note that the iris prevents reintegration at the throat; it's mentioned that the atoms cannot be reformed because of it.

It being television, it's not entirely self-consistent.