It would be great if....

...There were more products for this RPG. I mean a core book only? Am I missing something? Are there plans for other physical supplements? I would love, love, love a (physical) book of ship deck plans (but would be happy with a pdf), A (physical) book that covers an entire season of missions (would not be happy with just a pdf).

VTT Support? That would be nice. I understand with an IP like Stargate there may be some limitations or difficulties, but come on...one core book only? There could be an Atlantis book, a Destiny book and I'm sure others. I, for one, would buy them.

• Indeed 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's all dependent on what Amazon allows Wyvern to do. If they're not approving products, then there's nothing that can be done about it. From what I've heard, there are plans for Season 2 of the living campaign and an Atlantis supplement, but it's all held up by the IP holder.

• 4 months later...

it would be great if . . .

• A 'checklist' format for character generations would be developed and published, avoiding the seemingly endless page-flipping now required.

• A similar 'checklist' would be developed and published for generating worlds -- populated and unpopulated, and with or without stargates.

• A template would be developed and published for writing individual episodes, as well as 13-episode story arcs.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, Illuminatus_Prime said:

it would be great if . . .

• A 'checklist' format for character generations would be developed and published, avoiding the seemingly endless page-flipping now required.

• A similar 'checklist' would be developed and published for generating worlds -- populated and unpopulated, and with or without stargates.

• A template would be developed and published for writing individual episodes, as well as 13-episode story arcs.

1. I'd like a more comprehensive Index, and wish there had been better editing to stop important material being spread out over multiple sections.

2. The d20 Stargate RPG (2003) actually has detailed rules for developing worlds. If you can get hold of that it makes a great resource.

3. The SG1 book does have two rough story arcs like you mention (p276+) with suggestions.

To the best of my knowledge, there are three Stargate systems out there.

• Alderac, the d20/2003 version you mentioned

• Tynes & Slack, based on the Traveller RPG system.

• Wyvern, the most recent.

I have compiled the character-development procedure into a checklist/outline format.  It is still somewhat unwieldy, but it puts everything into a step-by-step format in the proper order.  It took me a week to get it right.  Sadly, when I posted it here, it was taken down within just a few days -- no explanation given.

Traveller also has a method for generating stellar systems.  It is more straight-forward than Alderac's, but produces a lot of uninhabitable worlds.

I have developed my own star-system generation procedure that relies on real-world factual data and orbital principles (e.g., not the Titius-Bode law, and no figure-eight orbits allowed).  The software version produces an entire stellar system in the amount of time it takes to remove my finger from the 'Enter' key.  It does not yet produce a map of the mainworld, but does generate a description of the location where the stargate is located.

• 2 weeks later...