Worried about lack of communication

Heofon

I am a bit worried about the lacl of communication around this game. I love stargate and dnd, and i want this to work out. Where is a twitter with weekly updates, where is a youtube channel showing off some art, rules or figures? 

You need to generate hype and enthousiam. Get people onboard, so that this can succeed well. 

This can be so good for many people. You have the stargate fans, but also there is a market for a playstyle with shorter missions, going through a gate, accomplishing a mission, or an objective, and returning to base. Sooo many possibilities for exciting fast-paced action. 

Now i am slowly losing hope for this to be any good. 

How is everyone else feeling? 

Have you taken the time to consider for small companies having someone just to work on the hype train is taking the cost of at least one employee that could be making the game and diverting it, to post all the time. Whereas having the playtester post positive reviews that are genuine is probably better marketing, then the million of posts from the company that just feel like they are shouting look at us.

I rather the company devote the resources needed to making the game and getting the rules and the final product worked out. I mean I rather have a book in the end that has good production quality, than good marketing pitch but get a product that has spelling mistakes, rules that are difficult to follow or understand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreatLordD said:

Have you taken the time to consider for small companies having someone just to work on the hype train is taking the cost of at least one employee that could be making the game and diverting it, to post all the time. Whereas having the playtester post positive reviews that are genuine is probably better marketing, then the million of posts from the company that just feel like they are shouting look at us.

I rather the company devote the resources needed to making the game and getting the rules and the final product worked out. I mean I rather have a book in the end that has good production quality, than good marketing pitch but get a product that has spelling mistakes, rules that are difficult to follow or understand.

Many small indie companies/teams still have (at least) 8 hours/day communication with the community, without it hurting their work. I'm part of a several of such communities (some which only have one or two-man teams) and the level of transparency helps in fostering a helpful and excited community.

In general I myself am quite forgiving. However, this isn't just a small team working on their own game. They are using the Stargate IP. And based on MGM's track record, the lack of any sort of communication about anything Stargate-related makes me very suspicious and very uncertain whether I would want to spend my hard-earned money on supporting them. Now, I know MGM is not directly involved, but that has happened before and the history of Stargate in (video) gaming speaks for itself.

But, maybe they're keeping it under wraps until the Kickstarter campaign, so that's why I didn't specifically mention anything.

Hey guys, I just wanted to put your mind at ease. We have a communication plan that we are sticking to. We are focusing a lot of our effort on game development at this time. Please understand that especially with a license property that there is an approval process that communications must go through. We're working with MGM very closely to ensure that what we produce is canon and makes sense for the franchise. This takes time.

With that said, private playtesting has been going extremely well and there is a ton of excitement with those that are playing it. We'll be sending out new information soon and you'll see the frequency of communication increase as we get closer to February. 

Thanks

Wyvern Gaming

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Indeed 1