Stargate market

Bmongar

Torg Eternity has a secondary market called Infiniverse Exchange where people can sell their own supplements and modules as long as they meet a certain set of guidelines.  They do it through drive through RPG.  Is something like that going to happen for Stargate.  It would really promote exploring a large galaxy of content. Though I could see MGM having issues with that.

Not an official reply, but given Wyvern are only renting the Stargate IP they're going to be unable to maintain any sort of officially sanctioned compatible gaming material the way you do from The DMs Guild or Storyteller's Vault. Not only would. These sort of agreements are chock full of corporate oversight and signing off on to ensure no harm comes to the brand, which would mean Wyvern would need to expend the resources to exert significant editorial oversight of anything produced under a 3rd party program to ensure it's of a sufficient standard they can then pass it on to MGM for their editorial veto.

There's probably also a whole legal minefield regard who owns the IP rights to anything that is created under the licencing agreement.

Being a game based in 5e, it is covered by the OGL so there's nothing stopping people producing and even selling their own content. But in the latter case they'd have to do so in such a way that it is not done using either the Stargate IP or the Stargate SG1 RPG trade dress, logos, and designated product identity.

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 10:10 AM, 1001100x02 said:

But in the latter case they'd have to do so in such a way that it is not done using either the Stargate IP or the Stargate SG1 RPG trade dress, logos, and designated product identity.

Yeah I'm not super into the content being released or the speed its coming out. I may write my own adventures, but realized I'd probably be putting myself at risk if I tried to release them, especially if I asked even for a dollar or two on something like drivethrurpg. I have concerns over the longevity of this system if 3rd party content isn't encouraged.