Quick Armor Question/Error?

I'm walking my group through character creation, and we were taking a quick look at equipment and noticed that the Tau'ri Armor "Tactical Helmet" is listed as a heavy armor in the equipment table, but in the text description it's under the light armor category. Right now, I'm running with the assumption that it's light armor (since the description notes that it's issued to "most soldiers", and modern tactical helmets aren't really that heavy to begin with), but I could also see classifying them as heavy armor for the sake of mechanical balance. 

Basically, is the Tactical Helmet light or heavy armor?

• 1 month later...

On 5/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, ProfoundBeggar said:

I'm walking my group through character creation, and we were taking a quick look at equipment and noticed that the Tau'ri Armor "Tactical Helmet" is listed as a heavy armor in the equipment table, but in the text description it's under the light armor category. Right now, I'm running with the assumption that it's light armor (since the description notes that it's issued to "most soldiers", and modern tactical helmets aren't really that heavy to begin with), but I could also see classifying them as heavy armor for the sake of mechanical balance. 

Basically, is the Tactical Helmet light or heavy armor?

I'm not sure but armor should probably include speed penalties or something & none of the weapons seem to explicitly say they ever need two hands.  Right now it seems like you could snipe from nearly 2km away while decked out like the bomb squad in tactical armor tactical helmet & carrying a Blast shield.  Likewise with the same bomb squad loadout & a ma'tok jaffa staff weapon at closer range

Seeing the only thing helmet does is adding additional AC points with no other advantage nor disadvantage, I'd consider it an armor accesory rather than light or heavy armor. Still, for categorization sake, it would be heavy armor (this category doesn't reference the weight of the armor, but their hardness against projectiles; light armor is made of "soft" materials, such as kevlar, and as such they offer limited protection, while heavy armor uses "hard" materials, as ceramic or steel plates, to improve their defense capability against bullets and the like).