Team Leadership

Walker

• 4 months later...

This whole thread has summed up so many of my annoyances with this game. It is called Stargate SG1 but it is so removed from SG1. I would love to see the stats on how many people just ignore the SGP and the General Hammond clone and play SGC proper as like SG14 or something. It boggles my mind as to how they came to the decision not to have players play in the SGC under General Hammond like people have been dreaming of doing for 20 years.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:50 PM, YourWightKnight said:

This whole thread has summed up so many of my annoyances with this game. It is called Stargate SG1 but it is so removed from SG1. I would love to see the stats on how many people just ignore the SGP and the General Hammond clone and play SGC proper as like SG14 or something. It boggles my mind as to how they came to the decision not to have players play in the SGC under General Hammond like people have been dreaming of doing for 20 years.

I imagine they'll release a Cheyenne Mountain / SGC sourcebook but "for 20 years" is likely the reason we've been stiffed SGC content in the main book. Given the licensor's insistence on the 5th edition engine, my guess is that it's similarly the living campaign that's seen as the major hook to maintain customer interest. Since all the classic bad guys are fragged as of the end of Continnuum and anything after that is territory of whatever new series that arises assuming not a reboot, Phoenix is the only logical answer to give players and devs an open enough canvas to play with while still using the classic toys and set up. Otherwise it's like playing in the classic World of Darkness where NPCs do everything of significance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, 1001100x02 said:

I imagine they'll release a Cheyenne Mountain / SGC sourcebook but "for 20 years" is likely the reason we've been stiffed SGC content in the main book. Given the licensor's insistence on the 5th edition engine, my guess is that it's similarly the living campaign that's seen as the major hook to maintain customer interest. Since all the classic bad guys are fragged as of the end of Continnuum and anything after that is territory of whatever new series that arises assuming not a reboot, Phoenix is the only logical answer to give players and devs an open enough canvas to play with while still using the classic toys and set up. Otherwise it's like playing in the classic World of Darkness where NPCs do everything of significance.

You say true and I say thankya. I admit my initial post about this was a little premature and upon reflation I think you're right. There are still a lot of System Lords that were written off off screen and thousands of goa'uld out there we just don't hear about which is where I'll be focusing the efforts of my campaign. But yeah I understand wanting to give themselves a chance to be able to play in their own sandbox.