Basic feedback thread

Jack O`Neill

I am using this thread to give my general feedback as a read through the beta book currently.

Right off the bat I have one suggestion from beginning my reading:

It mentions right off on pg 5 that "The player characters (PCs) are the heroes of the story.  While not at the level of the legendary SG-1, your missions are still vitally important in the fight against the galaxy's many dangers."

-I feel this paragraph needs to be tweaked to say more along the lines of 'While not YET at the level of the legendary SG-1.'  By telling the players right off they are the heroes and then immediately saying they are not as good as SG-1 it struck me as knocking the wind out of my sails a bit and would make my team feel like also-rans.  We can be told we are just starting out in this setting and have a long way to go but if you play smartly, have a bit of luck, you too might achieve similar acclaim to the legendary SG-1.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

On pg 322 NPC aliens are represented.

To my opinion additional rules may be incorported to allow these species to be used as a PC.

In addition a sort of design mechanism for creating your own aliens could be included with different special abilities to chose from.

Edited by Iki

Pg 63 - 67 Weapons:

To my opinion the following weapons and upgrade are missing or needs adjustment:

Weapons:

Blowgun 1 piercing, range 5-30

Chain 1d6 bludgeoning, range 2, flexible

Compound bow/Longbow: 1D8 piercing, Range 100 - 250

Garotte 1d4 slashing, If the user has advantage on the attack roll, the target is grappled on a hit. Until the grapple ends, the target begins to suffocate.

Net Range 2 / A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is Restrained until it is freed. A net has no Effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, Ending the Effect and destroying the net. When you use an action, Bonus Action, or Reaction to Attack with a net, you can make only one Attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

Staff (Bo/Quarterstaff) 1d6 bludgeoning range 2

Thrown blade should be 1d4 piercing

Melee upgrade:

Flexible: one-handed melee weapons only. A chain or rope with a weight is attached to the weapon. The weapon gains the flexible quality and the weapon’s damage type becomes any combination of Bludgeoning, and the initial damage type of the weapon.

Ranged upgrade:

Silencer/suppressor: This device reduces the acoustic intensity of the sound of gunfire and eliminates muzzle flash when a gun is discharged. Characters have disadvantage on perception tests to notice a silenced weapon firing.