Phoenix Site Seventh Chevron?

Hendoe Prime

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant is that such as with your poster above advertising Langara, including the Earth symbol would only confuse visitors from any other world, as logically you're indicating that Langara can only be reached from Earth.

Which would be a pretty awesome way to reboot the way the gate network is structured as it suddenly makes who controls which worlds far far more strategically important

On 1/1/2021 at 1:00 AM, 1001100x02 said:

What I meant is that such as with your poster above advertising Langara, including the Earth symbol would only confuse visitors from any other world, as logically you're indicating that Langara can only be reached from Earth.

Which would be a pretty awesome way to reboot the way the gate network is structured as it suddenly makes who controls which worlds far far more strategically important

It's just a Reference Image, it would be illogical for me to commission exact art of something I don't know since why I'm asking in the first place. Being a little pedantic about the image in my opinion.

Having addresses locked to certain gates would be cool, but having one gate only addresses presents logic errors in the planning and construction of essentially a Clarke Tech galactic public transit system. Now having a range limitation within the galaxy would be better, stargate clusters or mini networks. Lets say a stargate with a unmodified or supplemented original Alterran power system allows a 5,000 light year radius which it can connect to any gate there-in. That would lead to having Border Gates and Bottle Necks in less dense parts of the galaxy also with those limits the gouald loosing worlds to buried gates would make more sense and why certain worlds are chosen as a System Lord's throne world. 

• 1 year later...

I would say just pick a constellation symbol you like and run with that... remembering that the "point of origin" is where you are dialing out from, your point A to the Langaran Point B

Calling out from the series all times they show dialing out from earth it shows them locking in the symbol that depicts the sun at the top of the pyramid being the "Egypt Gate" on earth - which begs the question, who has an idea what the Arctic Gate's origin be if they were concurrent? (I know the series say they weren't, but still would be a fun idea to explore)

On 1/27/2022 at 5:07 AM, LDucko said:

I would say just pick a constellation symbol you like and run with that... remembering that the "point of origin" is where you are dialing out from, your point A to the Langaran Point B

Calling out from the series all times they show dialing out from earth it shows them locking in the symbol that depicts the sun at the top of the pyramid being the "Egypt Gate" on earth - which begs the question, who has an idea what the Arctic Gate's origin be if they were concurrent? (I know the series say they weren't, but still would be a fun idea to explore)

ever notice that when they are dialing Earth from a DHD in the show Carter and Daniel only ever press 6 symbols before pressing the middle button? Almost as though the 7th was preprogrammed into the DHD.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:51 AM, Slenaas said:

ever notice that when they are dialing Earth from a DHD in the show Carter and Daniel only ever press 6 symbols before pressing the middle button? Almost as though the 7th was preprogrammed into the DHD.

That's something I did notice, but based on the movie that launched the franchise I assumed the 7th chevron was always in the same location on the DHD keypad (just like the standard qwerty layout of a computer keyboard).

It'd make sense for it to be "hardwired" to each DHD which would then update it's own point of origin as it gets its update from the rest of the network as incoming and outgoing wormholes form... would be a great theme for some of our groups to investigate and come up with their own theories.

They messed up art direction in the series. Originally it was 6 buttons + the Big Red Button, then some idiot director said it had to be 7 buttons + BRB, meaning that now one of the fixed symbols has to be removed from the DHD to accommodate the PoO symbol. Which means any given DHD can only ever reach a limited subset of the total number on the network