Got my tickets for Gen Con 2021

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2021 at 1:30 PM, Voice said:

I got my slots for the Season 1 Episodes.  E1 & 2 on Thursday (2p & 7p), E3 on Friday (4p), and E4 on Sunday (9a).

this is the character I’ll be playing.  https://stargatetherpg.com/rpg/characters/494-faelan/?association_id=494-cfff0a21954af3f11190be44a3fd710e

Um, I'm afraid you have a slight problem: the living series is set during SG1 season 6 in 2002, years before the Alliance was created after the fall of the System Lords. As such, your character's backstory is non-compliant and could see the character disallowed (especially as you're playing an enemy agent trying to embed themselves inside SGP, something I think you're going to have to run past the people in charge of the campaign)

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, Voice said:

I got my slots for the Season 1 Episodes.  E1 & 2 on Thursday (2p & 7p), E3 on Friday (4p), and E4 on Sunday (9a).

this is the character I’ll be playing.  https://stargatetherpg.com/rpg/characters/494-faelan/?association_id=494-cfff0a21954af3f11190be44a3fd710e

Hello,

I'm one of the Head GMs for Stargate Gen Con 2021.  While I like the fact you have created an interesting backstory for your PC I'm going to have to ask you to make a new character.  The beginning of the living campaign Season 1 starts on SG-1 season 6, ep. 9 which is in 2002.  The Lucian Alliance is not formed until 2004.  The other potential problem in being an enemy of Stargate Command.  While this could be great fun in a personal homebrew campaign, it could affect or disrupt the enjoyment of the game to others in this organized play.  Taking the focus off the adventures and onto your character.  Again, I do like the direction for your PC, perhaps they are still angry at Stargate Command and still have bad intentions but once they join, they see that Phoenix Site is going some good in the galaxy.  

Thank you,

Lee Alley

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, Glacier [Lee Alley] said:

Hello,

I'm one of the Head GMs for Stargate Gen Con 2021.  While I like the fact you have created an interesting backstory for your PC I'm going to have to ask you to make a new character.  The beginning of the living campaign Season 1 starts on SG-1 season 6, ep. 9 which is in 2002.  The Lucian Alliance is not formed until 2004.  The other potential problem in being an enemy of Stargate Command.  While this could be great fun in a personal homebrew campaign, it could affect or disrupt the enjoyment of the game to others in this organized play.  Taking the focus off the adventures and onto your character.  Again, I do like the direction for your PC, perhaps they are still angry at Stargate Command and still have bad intentions but once they join, they see that Phoenix Site is going some good in the galaxy.  

Thank you,

Lee Alley

Thanks.  Thanks for the heads up.  I was unaware of the timeline for Phoenix Site.  I'll do some more research and build a new backstory to go along with the character.  The build will likely stay exactly the same, though.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, 1001100x02 said:

Um, I'm afraid you have a slight problem: the living series is set during SG1 season 6 in 2002, years before the Alliance was created after the fall of the System Lords. As such, your character's backstory is non-compliant and could see the character disallowed (especially as you're playing an enemy agent trying to embed themselves inside SGP, something I think you're going to have to run past the people in charge of the campaign)

A small point of order on the background: 'guy with a misguided grudge' is not the same thing as 'enemy agent'.  The original idea was indeed that he was going in playing the long game to get revenge, but he'd learn that SGC isn't the bunch of duplicitous assholes he'd assumed based on what he thought he had known about the death of his father figure.

Also, if you're going to disallow characters based on bio information (especially time period), you ought to give some basic idea of *when* the time period is in the 'Series Guide' document.  I had presumed that all of this was happening *post* series, because there was no indication to the contrary in said document.

I wasn't a die-hard watcher of the series, and don't really remember much beyond stray episodes after they'd gotten a ship, so I'm struggling a bit on figuring out what *is* allowable based on the given timeline.  I don't suppose there's a decent way you know of to figure out which worlds had been visited by SG-1 teams up to the mid-2002 period where Phoenix Site starts?  It appears that Hebridians weren't first mentioned/visited until later in Season 6, which makes them a 2003 'discovery' based on Wiki info, and therefore also off limits despite actually being one of the groups explicitly mentioned in the core rule book.  Or, since Hebridians are a space-fairing group, are they still allowable, having joined up with SGC via some other location/meeting?

Note: I have roughed-in a new background using events prior to Season 6 Episode 9 as the basis.  Let me know if it has anything that prevents approval.

Edited by Voice

I don't suppose there's a decent way you know of to figure out which worlds had been visited by SG-1 teams up to the mid-2002 period where Phoenix Site starts?  It appears that Hebridians weren't first mentioned/visited until later in Season 6, which makes them a 2003 'discovery' based on Wiki info, and therefore also off limits despite actually being one of the groups explicitly mentioned in the core rule book.

Do you mind giving a page reference for that please?

5 hours ago, 1001100x02 said:

Page 27.

”Hebridean (undefined): This technologically advanced planet is home to two sentient races, the human Hebridians and the reptilian Serrakin, who live in relative peace together.  The planet does not have a Stargate and is accessible only by spacecraft.”

5 hours ago, 1001100x02 said:

Page 27.

”Hebridean (undefined): This technologically advanced planet is home to two sentient races, the human Hebridians, and the reptilian Serrakin, who live in relative peace together.  The planet does not have a Stargate, and is accessible only by spacecraft.”

I suspect they're mentioned because the book is broadly applicable to year 6 of the series, but the living campaign is very specific at starting at the start and unlocking things as it goes where as home games might start later or choose to introduce things early.

Honestly, if the Hebridian/Serrakin duality didn't exist, their essentially self contained nature makes them something GMs would want to invent for Phoenix given they only have 2 appearance in the series proper.