Level 6 and Higher

UKEnder

So I'm really confused about levels 6 and higher as it's not very clear in the guide.  

I get the feat part and I love that where you take feats but the feats don't mean level ups and health.  The only thing I've found online is that a level above 5 costs 10mp and the only benefit I see from it is the added health.  Is this correct?  Could someone clearly explain the level up process after level 5. Do they have to buy the level and just get extra health or do they just get the extra health after spending 10 mp's for example on feats.  

Hi, I'm pretty sure the intention was that they get it as soon as they buy the level - no additional spend for feats required.  That way MPs can be "banked" for use later, if desired.  But as the GM (assuming you are) you can interpret the rule as you want if it isn't clear!

On 11/16/2021 at 5:07 PM, UKEnder said:

Do they have to buy the level and just get extra health or do they just get the extra health after spending 10 mp's for example on feats.  

My understanding from reading it is that level up happens when the player spends the requisite MPs on feats. MPs earned prior to reaching level 5 aren't spendable. This is from page 21 in the book:

Each feat has an MP cost that you must spend to

purchase the feat. Once you have spent 10 MP,
your character advances to the next level. This
always comes with additional Hit Points (based
on your character’s hit die), and at some levels
an increase in your Proficiency bonus

So once you reach level five, any surplus to the 20 MP needed to reach level 5 can be spent on feats. For every 10 MP spent on feats, one level is gained.

8 hours ago, Aranduran said:

My understanding from reading it is that level up happens when the player spends the requisite MPs on feats. MPs earned prior to reaching level 5 aren't spendable. This is from page 21 in the book:

So once you reach level five, any surplus to the 20 MP needed to reach level 5 can be spent on feats. For every 10 MP spent on feats, one level is gained.

That is my understanding as well.

4 hours ago, nathrae said:

(not when spend for it, in fact u dont have to spend it at all if u want until level 5)

In fact you cannot spend it. The features you get for levels 2-5 are what you earn in exchange for your MP. When you first reach level 5, the MP you have to spend is total earned - 20

• Like 1