weapon ranges need to work within the real life limits of tabletop gaming

tetrasodium

On 10/31/2020 at 5:03 AM, Deriachai said:

Being able to hit, and being able to thit accurately are very different things.

Effective range if most modern longarms easily encompasses 350 m, if you are running tactical combat at greater distances than that in your games, more power to you, you are harder Corp than I EVER was!

On 11/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, Darq said:

Effective range if most modern longarms easily encompasses 350 m, if you are running tactical combat at greater distances than that in your games, more power to you, you are harder Corp than I EVER was!

a round is 6 seconds & move speed is 6m/round.  are you trying to claim that someone moving at a brisk 1m/second can easily fire accurately at targets 350m away?

• 3 months later...

hi,

i used the simple Tutorial to load .irr scenes and use irrEdit.
It works with the original .irr and the .irr example file of the irrEditor.

but when i open the working irr file and save it without changing anything. only load and save i see nothing in the , when i open the scene with my "game". the screen is complete black.
in the dos-box it shows that all textures are loaded but it is a black window. when i overwrite the "new-saved" -irr File with the original of the Editor or the example it works again.
so i cant create own working levels.

do you know what the problemis?
can u help me please?

thank you
Edwart

• 4 weeks later...

I know this might be an unpopular opinion but I'm personally going to be almost entirely disregarding range and ammunition for pretty much anything but long range where they'll need to use some kind of sniper rifle. I mean you guys have all seen Stargate. Range is never a factor nor is ammo with all semi-automatic apparently not being a thing there 😛

Some games I'm really particular about stuff like ammunition. Especially in horror games where you're up against some monster and only have 6 shells in your shotgun. It adds to the horror of it all but Stargate ammunition is almost never a factor. It doesn't really fit the tone of the show.

Just my thoughts.