[Looking for Group] Episode 1 "Groundbreaking" (Unofficial)

Please use this thread to coordinate a table of Episode 1 ("Groundbreaking") of the Stargate Phoenix Living Campaign. My recommendation is that interested individuals post here and Gatemasters make posts which they can edit as their table fills (or just work through DMs to the players who have shown interest).

Note: I am not affiliated with Wyvern Games or any other official group. I am just posting as a concerned citizen 🙂

On 8/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Algernon Pike said:

I'm not sure we can replay episodes in living series, Adam. You might want to post in episode 2 or 3.

I think you as a player can can, but it has to be with a different character. Similarly for GMing and accruing MP: any given PC can only benefit once from an episode.

Edited by 1001100x02

20 minutes ago, 1001100x02 said:

I think you as a player can can, but it has to be with a different character. Similarly for GMing and accruing MP: any given PC can only benefit once from an episode.

That's definitely against the grain. How do they maintain the integrity of the mission if everyone knows exactly what is going to happen next?

51 minutes ago, Algernon Pike said:

That's definitely against the grain. How do they maintain the integrity of the mission if everyone knows exactly what is going to happen next?

Eh, sometimes a table just needs numbers, or the first time around was so aberrant you want a more 'canon' playthrough.

As it is the whole living campaign is based on trust as there's nothing stopping you just registering another account here with a new character and replaying episodes to progress them. I don't see that as being much different to trusting that you're not going to ruin it for people doing it first time at your table.

But as I said, I only think it's working that way.

• 8 months later...