Role of the Dice Podcast Interview

Sazeral

The Stargate RPG news update from the podcast. 

Game will be 5e

The enemy will be Goa'uld. 

Will be based from the new alpha site(Phoenix site) , so that you don't have to play human only. (one new race included, Churin, physically looks like the nox) 

Season 6 will be the start. 

The series creators are working on/with the game as well. And it is confirmed that this will be canon.

Confirmed classes:

Diplomat / scout / medic / soldier / engineer / scientist: Only available for the first 5 levels. 

Thereafter you buy specialized parts from all classes. 

The example they used is Daniel Jackson couldn't hold a gun in S1, and in the end was a decent shooter. 

New encounter types, not just combat. Interrogation and chase will feature. 

Zat gun is a problem : will cause levels of exhaustions. Instead of damage. 

Many rules on it for the GM. (gate masters) 

But it will disappear corpses!

Magic is effectively replaced with technology. 

Missions will be launched in seasons, and will run for a year. And will follow in parallel with the seasons of the show. 

The rulebook will state when to watch which episode. 

The kickstarter will run from Feb. 

Official release, GenCon2020 - Aug2020

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see how the balance having to multiclass past level 5. Would prefer to go to 20 in the same class with the option to multiclass.

That being said I am glad there is a sg1 table top game coming out, was looking at running a homebrew session based of starfinder

On 1/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, Rulke said:

Interested to see how the balance having to multiclass past level 5. Would prefer to go to 20 in the same class with the option to multiclass.

That being said I am glad there is a sg1 table top game coming out, was looking at running a homebrew session based of starfinder

Yes, the issue I foresee, is that all the players will have the similar setup then after level 5.

But again, I haven't seen any rules myself.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rulke said:

Is there any further information for the Feb Kickstarter date? February is almost over and there hasn't been as much as a peep anywhere about this

On the 3rd of Feb, Sazeral commented on a General Discussion post that they don't have a solid date quite yet, but they are close. In my opinion, we should just patiently wait until the month ends and then consider asking more questions.

10 hours ago, torsotin said:

On the 3rd of Feb, Sazeral commented on a General Discussion post that they don't have a solid date quite yet, but they are close. In my opinion, we should just patiently wait until the month ends and then consider asking more questions.

Yes but complete radio silence is kind of hard to deal with. A simple update. That is what some of us want. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 11:05 PM, Rulke said:

I would actually use the previously published rules - rather than homebrew pa... er starfinder.  That being said, I'm excited to see how this new version of the game turns out - already have plans to get it, and any ensuing splat books!

12 hours ago, randalar said:

I would actually use the previously published rules - rather than homebrew pa... er starfinder.  That being said, I'm excited to see how this new version of the game turns out - already have plans to get it, and any ensuing splat books!

Yeah. I agree. So I am working through the rules as is.  The leveling seems that you can be super overpowered in certain situations. To build a balanced character is going to be difficult.

• Like 1