Home-brewed System Lord Compendium

Hi Everybody,

I thought it would be cool to make a repository of Home-brewed System Lords for prospective GM's to copy/ steal / draw inspiration from. Stargate has always had such interesting and nuanced bad guys that, honestly, I feel that almost any one of the System Lords shown or mentioned on screen could have had a whole season of development.

With this list, we can consolidate fully home-brewed creations with one-off villains from the show who never got their stories resolved on the screen.

So, if you are looking for a Main Baddie, your main baddie's underling, your main baddie's rival, the former ruler of a planet you're visiting, or the punchline for a more powerful Goa'uld's joke.... look no further.

Name: Heru'Pa (AKA Horus the Younger)
Historical Origin: Ancient Egyptian
Backstory: Younger brother to Heru'ur (Horus the Elder). Son of Ra and Hathor.

Following the death of Heru'ur, Heru'Pa capitalized on the fact that his brother had controlled the largest number of shipyards in the galaxy and was capable of building Hatak's are a speed no other System Lord could match. However, the main problem is the fact that most of the Jaffa loyal to the house of Ra joined Apophis. Leaving Heru'Pa without crews for his ships. Taking inspiration from his fathers preference of servants, Haru'Pa began to recruit and promote humans into the ranks of his forces. 

Story Hooks: 
- The SGP gets word of 3 new Hatak vessels due to be completed in the coming weeks. If they can be "commandeered" in the crucial time between when they are completed and when they are fully crewed... 
- There are a great many humans joining Heru'Pa's forces. Are they doing it of their own free will or is some kind of mind control in play?

Given the existence of System Lord Yu, I'd be extremely tempted to turn Mortal Kombat's Shao Kahn into either one of his immediate vassals or a completing System Lord in his own right. Similarly a number of the franchise's characters and iconic costumes could be recreated as servants and rivals.

I am using Susanoo (The Japanese god of sea and storms) as a System Lord in my home brew adventure.  SG1 encountered Amaterasu as part of a System Lord delegation during the series, and Susanoo is her sibling in the shinto religion.  Plus I borrowed heavily from an L5R adventure book in an one of my early episodes.

9 hours ago, Nate Summers said:

I am using Susanoo (The Japanese god of sea and storms) as a System Lord in my home brew adventure.  SG1 encountered Amaterasu as part of a System Lord delegation during the series, and Susanoo is her sibling in the shinto religion.  Plus I borrowed heavily from an L5R adventure book in an one of my early episodes.

Oooh I really like this. I have a story I'd like to tell which involves ships/ sailors disappearing from the Bermuda triangle. (Hard coming  up with good ways to use human cultures from after the Stargate was buried) Maybe the same thing is happening in the Dragons Triangle. Susanoo sounds like the perfect Goa'uld to have found an ancient device which kidnaps ships using what appears to be huge storms. 

1 hour ago, watchcrafter said:

I've cribbed Amun and Sekhmet from the Stargate SG-1: Unleashed mobile game that came out a couple a years ago.  Plus it comes with an easy macguffin you can tie the season around.

Is the game still accessible? Or could you give a quick summary of Amun and Sekhmey, plus the macguffin. I can't seem to find it online anymore. 

39 minutes ago, TForbes said:

Is the game still accessible? Or could you give a quick summary of Amun and Sekhmey, plus the macguffin. I can't seem to find it online anymore. 

It's not and I never actually played it, but there are some playthroughs on youtube.  They're basically just standard Goa'uld, so you can give em whatever personality you like.  The macguffin is the "seven arrows of sekhmet" some sort of superweapon with seven parts that is never actually completed in the episodes of the game that was released, so you can do whatever you like with that as well