What is a longarm upgrade kit?

Aranduran

On page 55 the soldier class has

Equipment Kit

You add a longarm upgrade kit to your base kit.

There is no longarm upgrade kit elsewhere in the rules pdf. Other classes have a toolkit they are proficient with and is added to their base kit, and is described in the equipment chapter. What does a longarm upgrade kit do? I see that the soldier does not have proficiency with it, was this supposed to be swapped out for a camo kit as part of some earlier revision?

Thanks!

Additional, someone pointed this section out in another thread (I don't remember exactly where I saw it, sorry). Given the below, what would an upgrade kit do that is not possible in the loadout as part of mission prep? The rules imply these upgrades are already available.
https://stargatetherpg.com/uploads/monthly_2020_06/image.png.ad852731a2b08639797a7007b584525c.png

Think of it this way you always get it as compared to convincing the General to let you have it all the time its just automatic. That is the only thing i can think of. My DM is going to run the game with us being a new team and have to prove our worth to get any gear worth anything.  We get everyones hand me downs.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the longarm upgrade kit definition you're working with is something your GM came up with? I haven't seen any rules around it in either the full pdf on this site or the individual chapters from the kickstarter. If I am understanding you correctly, making up a ruling for it makes sense when there doesn't seem to be an official ruling. It's still weird to me that there doesn't seem to be one. If there is an official ruling, can you please point to where you're seeing the information?

Thanks!

I havent seen anything that specifically states that it is what i feel they implied with the upgrade. You can ask the dm ie general for stuff upgrades included but that just seems like an automatic approval for 1 upgrade to start. You are right the developers should clearly state things

• 9 months later...

It looks like the upgrade kit gives you the ability to apply a longarm upgrade  to a weapon (longarm) as long as you have a facility to accomplish the task. Also it looks as if the upgrades only apply to the Tau'ri weapons. In my opinion, from looking at the upgrades available, the only ones that might be worth the effort is the extended capacity for the MP7A1. All the other upgrades impose restrictions in movement or does not increase damage to match the expenditure of ammunition unless you have the feat "iron grip" and the TD are of the appropriate level. The FN P90 already has upgrades as standard issue. The H&K SR9TC is a sniper with upgrades. However the recoil compensation upgrade could be applied to all of the above mentioned weapons but increases the weapons bulk by 1. 

Too bad they didn't include tactical scopes for the crossbows, I have a red/green dot scope on my Barnett crossbow.