Living Campaign

Jack O`Neill

You can start the living campaign at any time, and completing missions will always grow your character (with the proviso any given character can only benefit from any given adventure once).

However, the window for your Episode 1 outcomes to affect the future course of the season has closed, and its canon writeup has been posted in the living campaign forum. Episode 2 is similarly pretty close to shuttering and may already have done so after Halloween. 

Episodes 3 & 4 are likely to stop taking updates after New Year, based on the Devs telling us that episodes generally only remain live for a couple of months after release

On 11/5/2021 at 1:27 AM, 1001100x02 said:

You can start the living campaign at any time, and completing missions will always grow your character (with the proviso any given character can only benefit from any given adventure once).

However, the window for your Episode 1 outcomes to affect the future course of the season has closed, and its canon writeup has been posted in the living campaign forum. Episode 2 is similarly pretty close to shuttering and may already have done so after Halloween. 

Episodes 3 & 4 are likely to stop taking updates after New Year, based on the Devs telling us that episodes generally only remain live for a couple of months after release

Take a look at this page for the episode schedule.

You can still join and run the missions, your group just doesn't impact things for episodes 1 or 2. 3 and 4 wrap up at the end of this month, not New Year.
Edit: You can still file reports, but they will only give you GM points but not impact the story.

Edited by Aranduran
clarification

21 minutes ago, velvetsanity said:

So, basically, "you're not allowed to have your own because we're giving you one"?

Not sure I follow what you mean by have your own. If you're talking about how the episodes impact the storyline of the campaign, because it's a living series, your game will likely not perfectly match the official story at one place or another. As I understand it, mission reports prior to the cutoff essentially count as a "vote" as to what happened in the episode. So if your party does something drastic that few others do, you might find that the official story contradicts what happened at your table, and it's possible that a future mission has, for example, an NPC your party left behind or killed show up alive and well. That's not to say that small differences need to impact your game table. For example, the official mission summary for episode 1 used the sample characters as the protagonists, but those characters are probably not who your players are playing as, and the fine details of what they did likely won't match or matter. A more specific example from episode 1 (spoiler's for episode 1):

Spoiler

From the official mission 1 wrap up (https://stargatetherpg.com/forums/topic/1437-official-episode-1-mission-wrap-up/😞

Before surrendering, Oringo set up a hidden cache of supplies in Karrasha's cave.  Lanni also rigged the cache with C4 to serve as a distraction if needed.

None of my players thought to do this, but it didn't really impact the mission. If the players go back there in a future mission, and the mission states there is a cache of supplies rigged with C4, I can handwave it as one of the characters having done this last time. By the time they get to such a mission, it's likely my players will have forgotten that they didn't do this, and I can "remind" them that they did this, either by admitting that's the official report or just mentioning it as something they did, and they likely won't question it.

Hopefully that is helpful and answers your question. My understanding of the living series is that it is supposed to be different for each party, but the average outcome for each mission determines the writing of future missions.