Kickstarter

I just checked out the calendar and it is no longer listed on the calendar. I am very curious as to the specifics of WHEN the kick starter is going to launch. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile not and now there is no date. Beginning to wonder if it will ever happen.....

I mean I attempted to get into the play test, but was apparently too late. Considering as soon as I heard about this I reached out. Since then had money set aside for a kick starter, and been working on getting my friends involved. I literally watch Stargate SG-1 every day, and it isn’t a lie. I just don’t want to be a horse chasing a carrot here. Been disappointed too many times before when it comes to reviving Stargate in some way. Been radio silence I feel like 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From email today:

We have received many inquiries about the status of the Stargate RPG project, and we want to put everyone's mind at ease: we are still moving forward. However, after much consideration, we have decided to delay the product launch until 2021 and the Kickstarter launch to fall 2020.

The open beta will continue, and we will publish new updates every few weeks. We will use this extra time to further perfect the game, and so we ask that you please continue to provide playtest feedback. 

We will continue to keep you informed. Our thoughts are with every one of you.

A question to the devs: Are you planning an audio book? Stretch goal? 😛
I will definitely play the game when the opportunity arrives, but I also would like to try out being a Gate Master (I have never been a GM before) but I don't think I will find the time to read a 300 page long book for it. I basically don't have enough time as it is. :classic_sad:

Well, if you don't have the time to read the main book of a game I doubt you will find the time to prepare for scenario or campaign neither. Being a GM is time-consuming doesn't matter the game you want to master. In fact even all-in-hand scenarios need some preparation before being played.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 3:01 AM, Glacier [Lee Alley] said:

Being a GM takes time no matter what...but it's worth it! 🙂

On 4/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, Unhold said:

Well, if you don't have the time to read the main book of a game I doubt you will find the time to prepare for scenario or campaign neither. Being a GM is time-consuming doesn't matter the game you want to master. In fact even all-in-hand scenarios need some preparation before being played.

:Sad Samantha:

• 1 month later...