Looking for Players

RKIasc1

Hello, I want to play-test this game and my local group isn't really excited about "new games".  So I am here.  I was informed that Roll20 had some support for the Wyvern System, there is a Character Sheet.  Now I need three or four folks who are capable and willing and have the nondisclosure stuff done.   That would be some of you.  I am an experienced GM for D&D and for Call of Cthulhu, and I enjoy  Stargate. though I have not seen every episode of the SG1 series, I am working on it.   I have watched Atlantis and Universe through a couple times.  Because of COVID I was forced out of my bubble to try a few platforms for online play and so far Roll20 has worked best for me and my gaming group.

I would like to start with one session of three or four people , a two to four hour time-frame and run on a Friday night, a Sunday afternoon or Monday night (I am in the central United States timezone).  Post here is interested and if we get enough maybe we can start a Group in the Play section.

9 hours ago, TForbes said:

I am in Western Canada and I'd be interested in playing. Not exactly sure what nondisclosure stuff you're referring to but, if you tell me, I'd be more than happy to do whatever it is....

This is within two hours of my time .  So I am looking at Sunday afternoon and evening or Monday night at present and if those don't work I can try for  Friday night game.  What works for you?

I had planned to run a session 0 and had set up a Roll 20 game for it.  But after a week I do not have three players for the game.  I do have people who want to play some other games.  I will watch and wait to see if this develops, but for now I do not seem to have enough interest.

Edited by RKIasc1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, RKIasc1 said:

So if I started at Noon on a Sunday, that would be around 6:00pm for the UK (?) and around 10:00 am (?) for Western Canada.  Would that work?

That should be a good time frame for me! Are you planning on every week though? Just wondering because I do record podcasts on Sundays sometimes too, including this coming. And when are you thinking of starting? I've only had chance to just glimpse at the rules since I didn't think I'd get to play it anytime soon, and have no real experience with D&D (only played a single game). I've only really played the Free League engine.

I playtested the system last year at GenCon but am completely new to Roll 20.  I would be able to play at noon.  I am in  Central time as well.  There are three rulebooks in the download section. Is there a certian one we need?  I have put session 1 and 2 in my wish list for GenCon.  I am also new to this site.  Do you have a group to join here?  I need to use Roll 20 before Gen Con to become acustomed to using it. So this is great! 

Edited by Codewolf444

We would use the latest version of the Beta Test rules, which is the April set.  I have something set up on Roll 20  and would possibly use the Scenarios that are free to download.  At most these sessions would be every other week.  A first session would be on the 26th of July, if there are at least three interested parties.  The time would be US Central time from noon to about 2:30 pm (I could go a little earlier but I have another game at 3:00 pm).

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested, but my times are a bit wonky. The Sunday or Saturday afternoon options work ... sometimes. 😉 With three kids and weekends often set for family functions there would be times I miss. If that's not a disqualifier, let me know here or via PM and I'll join Planet Beaumont.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:47 PM, Algernon Pike said:

I would be interested, but my times are a bit wonky. The Sunday or Saturday afternoon options work ... sometimes. 😉 With three kids and weekends often set for family functions there would be times I miss. If that's not a disqualifier, let me know here or via PM and I'll join Planet Beaumont.

You are welcome to join.  If you have a Roll20 account I can PM you the link, I think, just let me know here.  Also request the Game membership so I can use that method if the PM doesn't work.  I will be doing my best to run sessions while the beta test is ongoing.   I have in mind that I will offer one or two sessions a week hoping to allow everyone a chance to keep up with the story but perhaps with different plot elements involved.  In Stargate splitting the party is not a "bad thing".